Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Student Success Statement

"I have been asked what I mean by 'word of honor.' I will tell you: place me behind prison walls-- walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground-- there is a possibility that in some way or another I might be able to escape; but stand me on the floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give my word of honor never to cross it. Can I get out of that circle No, never! I'd die first." - Karl G. Maeser

This is a very nice quote. To be able to keep your ‘word of honor’ is really great. I believe that ‘word of honor’ means promise. We have done another same quote like this. Where we must keep our promises. Not keeping our promises makes us a bad and not a loyal person. Karl is showing us that he is a man who can keep promises. Even if it means for him to be stuck in a circle for the rest of his life. That’s a good man, and us people should learn from this man. ‘Word of honor’ is something we should be respectful of and pass it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment